Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kiwis

If you didn't know, I'm a Kiwi. That means, I am a New Zealander. From New Zealand. Which is a country. A couple of months ago I was chatting to some Americans. They asked what country I was from. I replied "New Zealand". It baffled me when I realized they had know idea what it was or where it was. "What's a 'New Zealand?"






A couple of weeks later another person told me "Good job for learning English! I can't speak a second language". WELL IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT ENGLISH IS THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF NEW ZEALAND. Fancy that? Also, I said I was a kiwi, and the person said "What, like, the fruit?" 




No, like, not the fruit. New Zealanders are given the nickname of kiwis because of our native bird, the kiwi. 




Cute. But don't get the impression that we all look like this :




Heh heh heh. Not that you would think we look like this, but just incase. :)

7 comments:

  1. Sadly, the ignorance goes all sorts of ways. I grew up in the American West, and there are a lot of people who still think we had no electricity, that everyone was gun-happy, and that we were still raided by Indians like you see in old movies.

    One of my best friends grew up in Christchurch - I've seen so many lovely photos of your nation and hope that I can visit it someday!

    Best of luck on the blog,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha wow! That's so sad.
    And thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good picture, thanks for sharing

    hi from mas raden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel NZ is a beautiful country, few of my friends live there, NICE POST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very funny hehe lol
    some americans are really dumbbbb .
    nice paintings lady geny

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post is very interesting and easy to read, I hope to visit again

    ReplyDelete
  7. visit a good blog and full of interesting information that is happiness itself .... keep on sharing information

    ReplyDelete